Map of the Tour

Follow Me across the country with this Google Map!


View Kennedy Center Educational Tour in a larger map

Friday, April 17, 2009

(54) Cerritos, Irvine, Glendora

Monday, March 30th: We drove back up to Cerritos, CA and Eric, Jill, Rudy and I went to the Cerritos Center for a partial load in. We got there at 4pm but the venue wasn’t quite ready for us. The theater is convertible into a number of different set ups and they were still finishing up that when we arrived. It meant that we were a late starting, but the size of our crews made up for it. We worked until 6pm and headed back to the hotel. Jill, Rudy and I walked over to In-N-Out Burger for dinner, which really hit the spot.

Tuesday, March 31st: Caroline, Eric and I headed over to the venue to continue load in at 7:00am. Eric was finishing focus, Caroline was setting spike marks and I was finishing the backstage set up. We had an 11:30am show(94) and then immediately struck the show and drove 25 miles (16,504 total miles) to Irvine, CA. We got in early in the afternoon and we were staying at a Hyatt Regency, which is by far one of the nicest hotels we’ve stayed in. They had a tennis court with a basketball net at one end! I went down to shoot some hoops and Eric, Lindsay and Scott were already there. I had a compy date with Michelle and then we watched a couple episodes of “Lost” and headed to bed.

Wednesday, April 1st: In the morning, I hung out around the hotel doing work. Rudy and I had planned to shave our beards today as an “April Fool’s” joke, so he came over to take a picture with me. In the late afternoon, Carolyn planned a trip to the Huntington Beach Boardwalk. I went with them and walked around the pier and beach a bit. Right before we left, I saw Rudy in the hallway and he had already shaved his beard, so I ran back into my room and shaved mine in about 10 minutes before leaving for the beach! Everyone was pretty surprised to see us and my face felt SO much lighter! The weather was a little breezy and cool, but felt great because of the sun. I saw this younger guy with headphones who was dancing his heart out in the sun. We headed back to the hotel before our 5:00pm load in. We went over to the Irvine Barclay Theater on the campus of the University of California-Irvine. Load in went well. Caroline, Jill and I went shopping for a bit and then we dropped Caroline off at the hotel. We finished up load in at 9:00pm, an hour early, and went for food. I went to In-N-Out and got a strawberry shake and fries and it was great!

Thursday, April 2nd: We had a 10:00am(95) show which my sister, Carrie, came to see. After the show we had a tech meeting and then Carrie and I went over to the Whole Foods for lunch. In the afternoon, I went over to a local production rental house to purchase some duvytine fabric and spike tape. People were going over to The District, which is a nice shopping area that I’d been too a couple of time since getting to Irvine, to hang out for a couple of hours so I hopped on trying to waste some daylight hours. I went to a coffee shop and sat and read for a bit. At the table next to me, the woman was talking to one of the barista’s about living the San Francisco Bay Area. They were trying to describe where San Jose was and were doing a bad job, so I jumped in to explain. Later, I started talking to the woman who was in school at UC-Irvine and was a TA grading papers. She had grown up in Sunnyvale and we had a very nice conversation about the great places to live in the South Bay. The group finally left The District and went back to the hotel. Carolyn, Eric and I ordered some Chinese Delivery and watched a couple episodes of “Lost” with Margo and Jamie.

Friday, April 3rd: We had another 10:00am(96) show and then loaded up and headed to Glendora, CA which was only 52 miles(16,556 total miles.) It was quick drive and we had a couple of hours before leaving for load in. I layed down and took a nap for a bit before grabbing some food and headed to the Haugh Performing Arts Center on the campus of Citrus College for the load in. Load in went well and Jill and I went out shopping for a bit. Eric’s load in went a little slower than normal and we ended up leaving a few minutes late.

No comments: