Map of the Tour

Follow Me across the country with this Google Map!


View Kennedy Center Educational Tour in a larger map

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

(50) Bellingham, Drive to Avon

Sunday, March 15th: This morning I woke up and had plenty of time to relax and watch my morning news shows. We have an early load in later in the week, so I’ve started setting my alarm for earlier and earlier so I can train my body to wake up really early on Friday. We had a load in that morning at the Mount Baker Theater. It was a 1:00pm load in, which is a little earlier than normal. Nothing too exciting happened and we were out of there by 6:00pm and the sun was still out! We were pretty excited to still be in the sunlight.

Monday, March 16th: We had two shows 9:30am(85) and 12:15pm(86) and the packed up and got back on the road. We drove 168 miles(13,804 total miles) to Cle Elum, Washington. When we left Bellingham, it was sunny and nice out. As we got to the eastern side of Seattle, it had started to rain, but was also sunny. We saw a number of rainbows stretched across the highway. As we started to climb the Cascades Mountain Range, the rain turned to snow and there was snow everywhere at the top of the Snoqualmie Pass. When we made it to Cle Elum it was snowing pretty good. The woman at the front desk told me that there was no where to plug the truck in outside, but we were more than welcome to drop an extension cord out our room window. So Eric and I turned the truck around and dropped a cord out my second story room window for the night! As we were setting this up, we started to play in the snow and made some snow balls the throw at Caroline’s window.

Tuesday, March 17th: Rudy and I drove 559 miles (14,363 total miles) through Washington, Oregon and Idaho to Twin Falls. It was a pretty simple drive. There is a grove that runs through Twin Falls that is one of the most beautiful views in the world. I had seen it about 3 ½ years ago when I drove back from Seattle with my friend Paige. I made sure that everyone saw it!

Wednesday, March 18th: We got up and drove 513 miles (14,876 total miles) to Grand Junction, CO. I was in the White Van and was the first one to drive. It was only Jonny, Jill and I which was very nice. We had a small dance party when we first started out on the road. We Finished up Idaho and went into Utah. As we passed Salt Lake City, I wished that we were at a stopping point so we could all go to Temple Square, where the Mormon Temple is located. We ended up stopping in Price, Utah, which is another place I’ve been! When I moved to California, Alex and I stayed in Price, Utah. Later in the afternoon, we stopped at a rest stop with a beautiful view. Dave made me get out of the van to see it. Looking out into the expanse, we wondered what it was like for the explorers riding horses and seeing the mountains and valleys before them; how daunting! We finished up our drive and ended in Grand Junction, Colorado which is where Caroline and Jill went to college, and where Jill grew up. We were staying on Main Street, which is a cute little street with shops and restaurants. I walked down the street and noticed that there was a lot of public art. I got some food at the Rockslide Bar and Grill and took it back to the hotel.

Thursday, March 19th: I woke up super early in training for our early load in tomorrow morning. I did some work and walked down the street to Main Street Bagels for some lunch. Eric and I then drove the truck 141 miles (15,017 total miles) to Avon, Colorado. It was a short drive up into the Rocky Mountains. In Grand Junction, we were at about 4600 ft elevation. Our hotel in Avon was at around 7400 ft elevation. The venue that we were performing at has a page in their tech packet that talks about how the elevation effects you. The biggest things are that there is 20% less oxygen, causing you to feel a little light headed, and 50% less humidity, causing you to drink more water than normal, and it’s really easy to get sun burned! I felt a little light headed but otherwise it didn’t seem that bad. I had dinner with Dave at a place called Bob’s Place where they were showing the NCAA Basketball Tournament games. After that is was back to the hotel and off to bed!

No comments: