Map of the Tour

Follow Me across the country with this Google Map!


View Kennedy Center Educational Tour in a larger map

Monday, November 24, 2008

(23) SUNY-Purchase

Sunday, November 16th: We woke up early yet again for another 8:00am load in at SUNY-Purchase’s Performing Arts Center. On the way to the venue, we ran into another small problem of the directions being a little confusing. This venue was very large and pretty nice. Load in went smoothly and the cast showed up at 1:30pm for our 3:00pm(35) show. After the show, we went back to the hotel. That afternoon, I wanted to go over to Wal-Mart to get some things for the last week of the trip. A small group of us left around 5:30pm with me driving. We searched for a Wal-Mart on the GPS and started to follow the directions. About 20 minutes later, we found ourselves driving down a two lane road, almost completely lost even though the GPS said we were already there. Kevin, one of the cast members that did not come with us, had already been to Wal-Mart and said it had been hard to find. We found the next closest Wal-Mart and started driving in that direction. Again, we ended up on a residential street with no Wal-Mart in sight. Caroline got on her phone and called the Wal-Mart we were trying to find to get directions. I pulled back onto the main street in the town we were in and started to drive when I noticed a Wal-Mart sign over an entrance to a parking garage. We pulled down that street, but wouldn’t fit in the parking garage so we went further down the street looking for a parking spot. I parallel parked the van and we went over to the Wal-Mart. This was by far the most packed, ghetto, crazy Wal-Mart I have been in. There were people EVERYWHERE and really long lines at the check outs. I also needed to get quarters so I could do my last bit of laundry. I got up to the check out counter and paid for my stuff. I then asked the cashier if she could break $3 into quarters. She said “I don’t even have a dollar in quarters.” And sure enough, when she opened the change drawer, there were only three lonely quarters inside. We made our way back to the hotel without any problems and I had left overs for dinner.

Monday, November 17th: We had two shows this morning at 10:00am(36) and 12:00noon(37). After shows we had an uneventful load out and then headed back to our hotel. That afternoon, Caroline and I decided it would be fun to go jump in the big pile of leaves that was outside the hotel. After that we drove over to Mt. Kisco, the next small town over, and had a really good dinner at a small Mexican Restaurant called the Mango Café. It was a semi-relaxing day knowing that the next four days were going to be very painful.

No comments: