Map of the Tour

Follow Me across the country with this Google Map!


View Kennedy Center Educational Tour in a larger map

Monday, February 23, 2009

(40) Crystal Lake, Glen Ellyn, IL

Tuesday, February 10th: Eric and I drove 537 miles (9551 total miles) back toward Chicago. We ended in Crystal Lake, IL which is about an hour north west of Chicago. It was a pretty typical long day drive with no major problems or issues. After driving across the northern half of Illinois twice now, I think it’s the flattest straightest stretch of high way in the entire country. No hills, few lakes, few rivers and just corn and soy bean fields as far as the eyes can see! That night, a big group of people went to the Green Pea Pod for a Thai food dinner. The food was great, but the service was absolutely horrid. Margo almost got up and served us!

Wednesday, February 11th: We had an 11:00am load in this morning for a 6:30pm(60) show at the Raue Center in Crystal Lake. It was a very nice venue with a very nice crew. Eric, Jill, Rudy and I had dinner around the corner from the theater at a place called Georgio’s which is a Chicago pizza place. I had a calzone with a bunch of vegetables in it. The show went very well, even for a night show, and we were back at the hotel and ready for sleep!

Thursday, February 12th: We had a 10:00am(61) show, loaded out and then drove to Glen Ellyn, IL which was about 45 miles(9596 total miles.) We had about 2 hours at the hotel, which I used to lay down and take a nap. The tech crew regrouped and headed over to the College of Dupage, McAninch Arts Center. We had a slower load in than normal, but everything was completed and we left the venue. On the way home we stopped at McDonald’s to pick up some food. I was starving because my schedule was thrown off with the awkward Wednesday schedule. I got a chicken salad and ate the whole thing when I got back to the hotel. This was probably not the best idea because that night I couldn’t fall asleep. I fell asleep around 1:30am and was up again around 3:30am. I couldn’t fall back asleep and laid awake with my eyes closed until my alarm went off in the morning.

Friday, February 13th: We had two shows this morning at 9:30am(62) and 11:30am(63). This was good because I knew that I’d be home early and be able to get back to sleep. I was planning on going into Chicago to see my friend Stephanie but I cancelled because of my lack of sleep. In the afternoon and evening I laid around and took a bit of a nap. I went to do laundry with Caroline, Jill and Jeffrey. Jeffrey and I had a great conversation while Caroline and Jill walked across the street. It was a very relaxing trip to say the least. That night I drove down to the Metra Train station to pick up Carolyn, Jonny, Lindsay and Margo who had gone into Chicago. When we got back to the hotel, Margo got confused about which end of the floor our rooms were. I then told her that we’d been at this hotel for three days. She turned to me and said that we had only been there two days and I realized that the night before was our only night in the hotel! It was one of those moments on the road where you really wonder where you are!

Saturday, February 14th: I ran some errands this morning which included going to Walgreens to pick up some photos. I walked up to the One Hour Photo counter and without saying a word the woman behind the counter picked up a packet of photos and put them on the counter. I looked down to see my name and said “How did you know those were mine?” She said “You’re in one of the picture.” Boy did that make me feel a little like an idiot! We had one show at 2:00pm(64) and then loaded out. I think this may have been the longest our load out has taken on this leg of the tour. It was kind of frustrating, but we worked through it and headed back to the hotel. That evening, Michelle and I had a really long compy date for Valentine’s Day. We opened up our Valentine’s Day cards and realized that we had bought each other the exact same card! I finished off the night watching the Chicago Blackhawks really destroy the Dallas Stars 6-2.

No comments: