Map of the Tour

Follow Me across the country with this Google Map!


View Kennedy Center Educational Tour in a larger map

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Saying Goodbye to California... at least for a bit!

HELLO ALL!

As some of you may know, I've been applying to go back to school and also looking for a new job. Well, after 5 months, lots of applications, resumes and paperwork I finally got a job that I wanted! Starting in September, I'll be working for the Kennedy Center's Educational Department's Theatre for Young Audiences. They take a show on tour to performing arts centers across the country. It's a small tour, only 4 technicians(I'm the Technical Director), a stage/company manager and cast of 5-7. The show is called "Phantom Tollbooth." We've got two 26' box trucks(like a UHaul) and a 13 passenger van. I'll be going to Washington, DC for a few weeks in September to learn the show and then we'll be driving around the country from September '08 to April '09! I'm really exicted to finally get a chance to tour and find out if this is something I'd like to pursue on a larger scale. I'll probably start a blog so everyone can see where I've been and what's going on.

On a side note, I've also been accepted into the BS Entertainment Engineering and Design program at Univ of Nevada, Las Vegas. I'll be defering that for at least a year to see how the touring works out.

Hope all is well with everyone! Drop me a line and let me know what you're up to!
Take Care!
Brian

1 comment:

Miss Linda said...

Congrats!
I was in the Phantom Toll Booth, I was the Ever Present Word Snatcher... I hope you enjoy the show.